Ginny (daughter), born 1988 (Married), graduated from VA Tech in 2010 with a Finance Degree from the More…Pamplin Business School. Received her MBA in 2013. Works as a Financial Analyst GS-14 for NAVSEA. Married.
Brit (son), born 1992, graduated from JMU in May 2014 with a degree in Engineering and a minor in Math. Works for the Navy as a GS-14 civilian Earned his Masters in Systems Engineering from Johns Hopkins. Married.
Took the scenic route through college starting at The Citadel in the fall of 1973, quitting in the fall of 1975, going back to school in 1977 and finally graduating in 1980 from Clinch Valley College (now UVA-Wise).
Retired from the Federal Government after 32 years on 3 August 2013. My wife, Laura worked for OSD and retired on 3 Sep 2015. July 16 2018 was our 35th wedding anniversary!
My hobby is civil war relic hunting (with a metal detector) which I have done for over 25 years....I have quite a collection of northern and southern civil war relics to show for it.
Wow....lots of them
1. Homecoming parties at our apartment with my Mom gone for the weekend
2. Partying at Brian Murphy's house on Lake Barcroft...great times!
3. Ocean City after graduation!
4. Getting into a small "scuffle" with the locals in downtown DC on graduation night with Brian Murphy, Jim Hicks, Bill Dando and Mark Brown
5. Having Ms. Roberts point out to me all the mistakes I made on the excuse slips I stole and tried to pass off for her signature when I skipped her class
6. Forging my Mom's signature on the Main Office form so I could forge my own notes to be excused when I skipped class
7. Breaking the back window on the school bus on the way to an away baseball game while mooning Don McNey in his car behind us.
8. Dating mostly girls from FallsChurch and Annandale High School…..they were a bit "friendlier" than the girls that attended Stuart (LoL)!
9. Hanging out with great friends during my four years!!!!!